Healthier Holiday Meal Cooking Tips
There are many ways to keep your holiday meal from tipping the scales!
- Prepare stuffing separately from the turkey to let the fat juices drip into the pan.
- Decrease the amount of turkey dripping you add to the gravy, skim the fat off the top of drippings before you add it, or skip it altogether.
- Replace 1/3 of the bread in your stuffing with vegetables for less calories and fat and more fiber.
- Make pumpkin pies with evaporated skim milk and 1/3 less sugar than the recipe calls for.
- Serve whole wheat rolls instead of white flour ones.
- Make cookies with 1/3 less sugar. You won't notice the difference!
More tips to make your cooking lighter in calories and fat.
Maren's Lowfat Garlic Mashed Potatoes recipe!
Harvest Apple Stuffing makeover. (You can makeover your stuffing too!)
Here is a Cooking Light Recipe for Pumpkin Pie that has than less than 30% of its calories from fat! (Most traditional recipes are over 50%!)